Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Playing a Band

This photo was taken after church a couple of weeks ago when Seth and some of the other
band members gathered spontaneously to sing a few songs together.


When Seth was very small, I used to ask him every night as I tucked him in bed what he wanted to do the next day. His standard, two year old's answer was "Play a band." :-)

Fast forward a dozen years... this guy has had many opportunities to "play a band." He is part of the youth worship band at our church, and as a part of that group has played for a city wide youth worship night, weekly youth group at our church, and both Saturday night and Sunday services. I don't think there is anything else that brings him as much joy as getting to play and sing with this group.

Pretty awesome for Scott and I to get to see our guy leading this way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture. Just another one of His many gifts.

I would love to have a dvd of Seth singing.

love, Nannie

Rebecca said...

Love It. Come to my house, Seth, and play a band with Will and Everett. They are waiting for you.

Anonymous said...

God gave him a dream...God enable him to accomplish it...there is more to come, How exciting!

Anonymous said...

So awesome! I love it! Mom

Mark said...

Very cool! I like how each person in the picture is looking at someone different.