Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Mystery

Why is it that although my girls both like to eat raisins plain out of the box, they do not like them in raisin bread? Why must they insist upon picking the raisins out of the raisin bread, or nibbling around the raisins, leaving large crumbs with raisins poking out of them on their plates? It doesn't make sense to me. I remind them how much they both like raisins, I even show them the raisin box and explain that this is the same thing that is in their bread... no luck.

It's kind of like explaining to one of my boys that I put the same sauce on homemade pizza that I do on spaghetti... and why does he not like the spaghetti sauce but he does like the sauce on the pizza?

3 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Lance only likes nuts plain, he hates them in cookies or breads or anything else, but will eat and enjoy them otherwise! KIDS!!

Anonymous said...

Some people are just high maintenance!!

Anonymous said...

I'm the other way around... I cannot stand plain raisins, but love them in things. Oh yeah, and they have to be the golden raisins or else I don't touch the stuff.

:o)