Monday, July 11, 2011

College Visits

Left my parents' house after dinner tonight, Scott and Caleb and I. We drove across northern Ohio, passing corn fields and farm houses. I soaked in the green and gold of the fields for the first hour, loving the intense color. As the first hour turned into the second and third, my attention shifted from the fields to the broad expanse of the sky. The dome of blue above us seemed huge, and its color changed and gained intensity as the minutes and miles passed. The sunset was a show like I haven't seen in a year, and I was a captive audience as we drove into it. Scott pointed out the winking fireflies in the grass at the sides of the highway as the dusk gathered. Ahhh. So lovely.

Now we are safely tucked into the beds of a Hampton Inn, the first college on our itinerary of visits this week just ten minutes down the road. Can't wait to see where this next bend in the road leads...

1 comment:

park it said...

Florida!!!