Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ballon Animals For Boracay

Tonight Seth and I are learning how to make balloon animals from an internet tutorial... little dogs to be exact. We've found we can make a dog look like a giraffe if we adjust the sizes of the neck and ears. Seth is a natural; I am a bit more cautious, fearing the inevitable "POP" that we've experienced on several attempts. I think our balloons are a bit cheaply made, too, as we've torn the necks of quite a few just getting them on or off of the pump that we have to blow them up.

We're not just making balloon animals for fun, although it is fun. We're learning how to make them so we can make them in the coming days for the children of Boracay, in the Philippines, the poor children that come to the feeding centers run by Boracay For Christ. We're leaving tomorrow morning to spend a week in Boracay helping the couple that runs this organization. We will make balloon animals, sing songs, put band-aids on boo-boos, serve meals, help with construction on a minstry center, and maybe play on the beach a bit too.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

I am so sorry! I'm been quite remiss in realizing when you were leaving...I got you mixed up with mom and dad - I thought you were leaving next Friday! Have a great, great time...I hope to see many pictures!