Monday, June 08, 2009

Caleb Says

"Mom, when I go off to college the best thing you could do for me is..."



Granted, Caleb's departure for college is not imminent, in fact it is several years away. But, his question has me thinking. In the split second before he tells me what this best thing is, what do you think goes through my mind? There are so many truths I could impart to him, so many different prayers I could pray for him, so many last minute bits of wisdom...



"....buy me a toaster."


Ah yes, a man's needs are pretty simple.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were him I would at least go with the toaster oven. So much more you can do with it!
Beth

Anonymous said...

This one had me crying ... then laughing.

Jan W.

Sarah Jane said...

I do wonder what precious things he MUST toast!