Thursday, October 02, 2008

In Yangshuo

We're sitting in a little cafe in Yangshuo, waiting for our lunch. We hiked to the top of Moon Hill this morning... instead of high rises as far as the eye can see, like we have in Shanghai, there were karsts as far as we could see, rising out of the mist. It is lovely here, green and lush. Yangshuo is a relatively small town about an hour drive from Guilin, in southern China. This week we are climbing, biking, going to Chinese cooking school, kayaking and caving. Last night we all crashed hard, asleep before 9 o'clock, exhausted from a day full of adventure! We've already taken about 500 pictures. Can't wait to share them with you. I'll say this... this is certainly one of the most beautiful places in the world I've ever been! As we biked through rice fields yesterday, with karsts all around us, I found myself imploring the Lord for my children, especially Gwen, to remember this beautiful creation for their whole lives.

2 comments:

Psyclist said...

Hi,

Seems you enjoy your stay in Yangshuo. We are always looking for people who would like to contribute to our Yangshuo website. You can ad your experiences plus photo on this page


http://www.yangshuo-travel-guide.com/yangshuo-travel-stories.html


Best regards

Peter

http://www.yangshuo-travel-guide.com

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy you got to go to Yanshuo and Guilin. Yanshuo is a place where I have felt like God had fun making that part of the world. If we ever go back to China I would love to visit Yanshuo again. I have done and album of China for my in laws and a lt of it is about Yanshuo. It makes me very happy to picture you there.

I will look forward to seeing some of those pictures.
Hugs for you and the kids from this night owl :-) I am actually on my way to my bed... really.